Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sackhoff has some Harsh Words for Benedict

In a recent article, Katee Sackhoff has some extremely harsh words about Dirk Benedict, her predecessor in the original incarnation of the Battlestar Galactica world. The following article is from TrekWeb:

Katee Sackhoff Criticizes Dirk Benedict
By
GustavoLeao

The new issue of TV Zone Special features an interview with actress Katee Sackhoff, who plays the new, female Starbuck in Ronald D. Moore's version of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. Here are a few excerpts in which she defends her version of the hotshot space pilot.
While actor Richard Hatch, who played Apollo in the original GALACTICA series, has become a regular in the new cast, original Starbuck Dirk Benedict has been openly critical of GALACTICA's new incarnation, and Sackhoff positively bristles when she talks about her predecessor.
"If Dirk pitched up to work on the show I'd probably quit," she says. "I met him in Los Angeles and I thought we'd really hit it off, he was a great guy, he was very complimentary and very un-Hollywood. Then he turned around a month later and talked complete crap about the show and the actors on it. He wrote an article saying the network sold out and my character was more brash than his character.
"I felt like he'd stabbed me in the back. I know that sounds like me being very sensitive but I felt very befriended by him, then I read that about a month later.
"If you add up the amount of time Dirk Benedict spent playing the character, not the years obviously but the number of episodes, I'm more Starbuck than he is, so put that in your pipe and smoke it."
More from Katee can be found at the TV Zone website.

Source

3 comments:

Craig Ranapia said...

Good on her, I say - and an admirable degree of restraint shown. I like to think I'm not exactly King PC of PCtopia, but the way Benedict unloaded on the female cast - Tricia Helfer in particular - was just crass. Richard Hatch, OTOH, opened his mind wider than his mouth and, as far as I'm aware, never indulged in personal attacks on the cast.

I know who I'd like to meet for coffee - as opposed to pouring a pot in his lap.

Kevin Greene said...

Good for you, Katee, go for yours! She has every right to feel as she does. She's fantastic as Starbuck and Benedict was an ass about the whole thing;if he felt that way then he should not have done the Lowdown show... Jackass....

Andrew said...

I don't understand why people cannot move on. I've read his attacks on her, and they were the exact arguments that have been used since the miniseries - That the show's darker and all that. It's pretty short sighted and sexist.