Sunday, February 11, 2007

TV Squad Review for Women King

TV Squad's review of The Woman King:

Battlestar Galactica: The Woman King
battlestar Galactica the woman king
(S03E14) Before I start on this episode, I want to update on something from the previous episode. When Baltar whispers something to Gaeta, Ron Moore says in his podcast that it was part of a sub-plot they had planned but seemingly scrapped, where Baltar was going to pin some killings of Saggitarons on Gaeta. Anyway, that seems to clear up what was going on there, but it still seems confusing if they're not following through with that sub-plot now.

As for the story this week, I have to say it was quite a snoozer. Look, I know not every episode has to advance things along plotwise significantly, but I'm just being honest here. I didn't much care for what was going on, and a big part of that might be that I find Helo to be one of the least interesting characters on the show.

Hey, at least we barely saw Starpollo this week.

It's interesting to see how those in the medical field are infallible to many of the upper echelon of the fleet, and rightly so, if you think about it. I mean, the few doctors they have are there to treat over 40 thousand people in some of the worst conditions. So yes, it's going to take a lot of convincing when someone like Helo comes around making accusations.

I forgot that Six had a little Baltar on her shoulder until he appeared tonight, which was that one small thing that made me snap awake. This is one of the most interesting aspects of this show, that these two characters (Six and Baltar) share an image of one another in their mind. Why is that? Did it have something to do with that blast she shielded Baltar from? That seems very possible, as it's a part of the story that's come up again recently (actually in the previous episode).

The most interesting part of the episode was actually the cut scene at the end, where Helo admits to Adama about killing off the infected Cylons. What a waste!

I'm sorry, but that's about all I've got to say about this episode. If you found something profoundly interesting or fulfilling from it, please let me know and let me have it.

Current fleet population: 41,401 (-4 mentioned in this episode)

No comments: