Thursday, August 16, 2007

October set for Season 3 Soundtrack Release



This in from Bear McCreary's blog: (I'd post a link, but there's no direct link to his blog.)





August 3, 2007
Wow! I knew it would take me a while to get back to this blog, but I never thought it would be 5 months! After finishing the intense Bob-Dylan-inspired Galactica season finale, I think I needed a little time off. So here's what's new... I will begin scoring the two-hour straight-to-DVD movie, Battlestar Galactica: Razor, next week. I'm looking forward to diving back into the Galactica universe for one last season. And no, I didn't score the trailers Sci Fi Channel has been running. I'm never involved with any of the promos, even though sometimes they'll use my score in the ads. There are some really exciting releases coming up in the next few months. I spent my entire spring and summer working on the new Battlestar Galactica Season Three Soundtrack Album for you guys and it's finally finished!


With each passing album I lavish more and more attention to getting every mix (every single note) perfect and this was no exception. I know I'm biased, but I have to say that this record truly kicks ass. I think it will be the best of the new Galactica albums. All the outstanding cues from the third season made the cut, including the bombastic battle pieces from Exodus II, the haunting solo piano from the basestar and, of course, my version of All Along the Watchtower. I'll be releasing the official track list here very soon.

The record will be out in October from La La Land Records, and we will definitely be doing a BATTLESTAR GALACTICA LIVE CONCERT in Los Angeles to celebrate the release! We did this last year and it was a big success, so if you missed it, here's your chance to check it out. The score is exciting in the context of the show, but there's nothing like being able to experience the music live and in the flesh, performed by the incredible musicians who work on the series every week. Also, the Boingo boys, Bt4 and I will be doing another series of Oingo-Boingo-inspired concerts for Halloween, in Orange County and Los Angeles. More details for both shows will be posted soon.



Looks very good, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

No comments: