Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Season Finale Reactions

I'm going to open the floor up to everyone who reads this - what did you think of Crossroads Part 2, as the season finale for Season 3?

My own reaction is a little mixed. I really enjoyed the episode, although I felt that it probably could have been split into two parts. There was a lot in there. I don't think that there would have been any tears shed if one of the more standalonish episodes was cut and replaced with one of these arch-y ones.
That being said, there was a lot of buildup here, with the trial, and I felt that they've really carried it on well with the season, ever since they first captured Baltar, and the entire mystery with the final five Cylons. I guess we now have the Final One, who will hopefully be revealed next season at some point.
I was completely geeking out about the use of All Along the Watchtower. It's one of my favorite songs, and this cover of it has better be on the Season 3 soundtrack. The lyrics being used as the dialog was also paticularly well done.
And we finally see Earth. And apparently Starbuck's wracked up a number of frequent flyer miles to get there and back. Man, I can't believe that we have a nine month wait for the next season.
So, what did you think?

No comments: