Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Season 3 Coming in October

We've known that we're getting a third season out of Galactica, but word has come on when we'll be getting it:

October.

Yep, we've got an even longer wait this year, between March to October. Production of the third season is slated to begin in next month in Vancouver. In October, Galactica will be returning to it's timeslot with a 20 episode order. The entire cast is scheduled to return, as well as Lucy Lawless for a ten episode arc. Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis will also be returning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose its way too optimistic to think that this is a Scifi.com practical joke...

That really SUCKS!!!

Andrew said...

Well, I've never really seen a SciFi channel joke, and I didn't get the news from the SciFi channel, through another site who had a press release, so, it really is disapointing.

Craig Ranapia said...

Um, to play devil's advocate for a moment... If I was an executive at SciFi, my alarm bells would have been ringing after listening to the podcasts for 'Black Market' and, to a lesser extent, 'Sacrifices'. When you basically have the show runner/co-executive producer/head writer saying "frack me, this sucks and it's all my fault" - especially when the major selling point of your top-rating show is the consitently high quality of the writing and performances - I'd consider a two month delay a small price to pay to address any quality control issues RDM has. (And Moore has always been admirably candid that the transition from a 13 to a 20 episode season was tough on everyone.)

Seriously, I know people who watch BSG that are otherwise absolute genre snobs who believe science fiction is for retarted adolescent boys who need to get laid, expose themselve to sunlight, and get their own place. Perhaps I'm utterly naive, but I think BSG is as close to schedule-proof as anything on television can be.