Thursday, May 11, 2006

Callis: New Galactica 'Remorseless'

The SciFi Wire posted up the following article a couple days ago:

Callis: New Galactica 'Remorseless'
James Callis, who plays the nefarious Baltar in SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming third season will build on the events of last season's shocking finale. "In the upcoming episodes, the simplest way to explain what happens is that the wheat is separated from the chaff," Callis said in an interview at this month's Saturn Awards in Universal City, Calif. "I'm not actually sure at this moment which I belong to, which bothers me, whether I'm the wheat or the chaff. All I know is that we are necessarily separated."
At the end of the second season, the last surviving humans found themselves trying to eke out an existence on the rugged planet of New Caprica, when the Cylons invade and occupy them. Callis agreed that the new season has drawn comparisons to France under the Nazi occupation of World War II. "And the first few scripts of this particular season are phenomenal," he said. "And far darker and more gritty and more worrying than anything that you have seen before. I really am not just saying that. I remember just reading it going, 'My God almighty, this is remorseless and relentless.' And as such should be very gripping television. Even though it's very, I think, the word is dystopic." Galactica returns with new episodes in October.

No comments: