Monday, March 24, 2008

Sackhoff Looks Beyond Battlestar

This in from the SciFi Wire:


Katee Sackhoff, who plays Kara "Starbuck" Thrace on SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica, told SCI FI Wire that she's concerned about finding parts as challenging, formidable and powerful once the show ends after its upcoming fourth and final season.

"It's extremely difficult," Sackhoff said in an interview at SCI FI Channel's upfront presentation to advertisers in New York last week. "It's a definite worry. People ask me if I'm worried about being pigeonholed in science fiction, and definitely not. That's not a fear of mine at all."

Sackhoff has had a few other roles during breaks from Battlestar, notably as the murderous Sarah Corvus in NBC's Bionic Woman (created by Battlestar executive producer David Eick) and as a doomed woman in the 2007 straight-to-DVD sequel film White Noise 2: The Light.

"What I'm worried about is finding strong, fun, exciting, inspirational characters, because Kara is," Sackhoff said. "With all of her flaws and drama, she's still an extremely strong woman first and foremost. And I think that's what I'm most worried about, is if I'm ever going to find that again."

But Sackhoff doubted that she'll play Starbuck again. "I do not think that we'll be back" in a film or subsequent series, she said. "I think there's something to be said for just ending. But then again, I don't think anyone thought Sex and the City would do a movie, and we're kind of following suit with them in ending how they ended."

No comments: